Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

History

Our school opened on September 11, 1920, and is situated on the Fitzroy River flood plain on the south-eastern outskirts of Rockhampton.

The primary school is set on 3.5 hectares of land (much of which is subjected to intermittent inundation from the Fitzroy River). It consists of two buildings, both of which were upgraded in 1998.


Multi-age classes operate predominantly, although school numbers often dictate the make-up of these classes. In general:


 Block A: Houses the students in Years 3-6, along with the office, library and computer block;
 Block B: Houses students from Prep to Year 2; and
 Early Education Centre: Currently used to provide tuition in Music, Learning Support, Behaviour Management Workshops. From 2007, this building has been targeted as the base for a Playgroup to operate out of Depot Hill State School.

Depot Hill State School is within the Central Queensland District and the Fitzroy Central West Queensland Region.